MagsGraphics Products

MagsGraphics' Digital Art is exclusively available for Artisan Software users at FOREVER

Monday, October 26, 2015

Scrappin' Weekend LAYOUT SHARES (and how to set up your own mini scrap weekend)!



Hey Scrappy Friends!
So twice a year, three of my local friends and I head off to a weekend of scrapbooking.  We reserve the "meeting room / conference suite" at a Drury Inn Hotel - which is the perfect place to scrap with a small group of four people because...

  1. The meeting room has a bedroom with 2 queen beds, a bathroom, kitchen area with microwave, sink, and mini fridge AND a separate conference room with a huge boardroom table and flat-screen TV.
  2. I bring my DVD player and everyone brings movies.  We plug the DVD player into the TV (using the ironing board as the table to get it close enough to the wall-hung TV to connect the cords).
  3. The conference table is HUGE so each of us get 1/4 of the area.  While I just need my laptop and external hard drives, my friends are still paper scrappers.  They still have plenty of space for their photos, paper, stickers, and cutters.  Two of them use "scrappin' wagons" found at Sam's Club this year to organize their stuff - like this one (that gave us the idea in the first place!)
  4. Drury Inn offers free breakfast (eggs, waffles, bagels, sausage/bacon, etc.).  They also give everyone three FREE adult beverages in the evening and have a soda machine and popcorn machine open in the evening (also free!).  Usually, these hotels are located near restaurants so you can also zip out for quick lunches.  They also offer late check-out time (noon) so you still have a last few hours to scrap on your last day!
This past weekend, my friends and I stayed from Friday-Monday.  In that time, I completed 81 layouts!  Here are some layouts from the last year that use my kits - images are linked to the MyMemories store, but most are available at MagsGraphics.com or Scraps-N-Pieces as well.

  

  

  

  

    

Now it's time to show off YOUR Layouts!  Come join my Gallery Showcase Group on Facebook or post to the SNP Gallery!
:) Mags

1 comment:

Your comments on my blog are GREATLY appreciated! Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment! :)Mags