MagsGraphics Products

MagsGraphics' Digital Art is exclusively available for Artisan Software users at FOREVER

Thursday, February 27, 2014

Scrapbooking Bible Study - Session 5

Hey Scrappers!
So happy to have you following along in our Study.  I found last week's layouts to be more challenging that I expected.  I ended up doing more of a "tribute" layout to Jesus. This is what I came up with:
Kit is "John 3:16" - Created by me.  Painting is ©Louise Dusing.  Pencil sketches were found uncredited on the Web.

Session 5:  Looking For Joy In All The Wrong Places
covers pages 72-96 (which is the introduction to Part 2 and Chapter 4).


After the class discussion on this section, I spent the rest of the day analyzing everyone in my family as to how they fit into the "Winnie The Pooh" School of Personalities.  *wink*  You know, Kay Warren didn't include Piglet.  Isn't Piglet the one who worries, worries, worries ALL the time?  I think that he should have been included too!
 
Anyway - If you want to try your hand at some Winnie the Pooh Personality quizzes, here are a couple for you... Although I can't verify how "scientific" they are, Quiz 2 was the only one that pegged me as a Rabbit (which I totally am!)

  
Session 5 addresses the difference between "happiness" (which is fleeting & temporary) and "joy" (which is the settled assurance that God is always in control of everything, all of the time).
 

Psalm 46:10 reminds us to "Be still and know I am God."  This knowledge should (hopefully!) allow us to remember that...
God is faithful...
All the time...
Every day...
In every circumstance...
No matter what...
God.  Is.  Faithful.
 
We are reminded NOT to put our faith in false sources of joy.  People, places, our possessions, our career position, or our specific personality type are not meant to be the source of our joy.  Sure they can bring us happiness at times - but it is not their responsibility to bring this sense of deep-rooted and peaceful joy that lasts.
 
Finally, Kay Warren talked about "broken wells" - how so often we try to depend on happenings or circumstances for our joy.  But God will not bless your efforts to dig your own broken well.  He will always be there with HIS well -- which never runs dry.  He will always be wanting you to turn to Him to fill your well.
 
Between all of that, you should have lots of good ideas for your layouts.
 
If you are all caught up, by next Wednesday, you will have
1.  Read up through page 135.
2.  Completed a total of 9 layouts (1 for your cover, 2 for "joy is a choice," 2 for "living out loud," 2 for "joy in Jesus" and 2 for "finding joy in the wrong places")
 
I would LOVE to see your layouts!  I have a Gallery Showcase Group on Facebook where scrappy friends are sharing their Bible Study layouts.  I hope you'll join!
 
Looking forward to seeing you on Wednesday!
 Mags... The "Rabbit"

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments on my blog are GREATLY appreciated! Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment! :)Mags